Thursday, March 30, 2006

re.ject.ion.

I got another rejection email yesterday. At least the letter makes it sound like they actually considered my pitch. And, I get to pitch again should I decide to put myself through this another time. :)

Thank you for your recent query. Although your project sounds interesting, we unfortunately do not feel it is right for us at this time. The Chick-lit market has become very bogged down and I feel that your project would be a difficult sell. However it is a great idea. You definitely have the creative “higher concept” mode of thinking which we thrive off of here at The Knight Agency. While we encourage you to query other agencies, and we wish you all the best in finding representation, we also request that you keep us in mind for future projects. Thank you again for thinking of The Knight Agency.

Best regards,
Agent E



It comes back to my worry. Ok, what if it's a good book, but a hard sell. I read chick-lit. I know others that read it. Someone take a chance on me?!

Tags: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 1:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's ok, i got some kind of rejection from that same agency as well. i was pitching children's books...and after sayig "yes" they decided they wouldn't represent children's books after all.
dontcha love rejection.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home