Thursday, April 13, 2006

Old Hat and a Scare

Another one for the collection
Dear Writer:
Thank you for your interest in (agency and website). Please know that I appreciate and respect the time, effort and imagination you have put into your manuscript. I wish that time would permit me to respond to your work in a more personal manner, but the volume of submissions that I receive does not allow me to do so. I have read your query letter and brief synopsis and am sorry to write that I am declining further interest in this project. Please feel fre to query me with future work.
Sincerely,
Agent B

And then I got an email from the agency that wanted to see my full manuscript. Scared me to death to open it. Turns out, it was just an acknowledgement that they received my email and manuscript file. DON'T DO THAT! Ack. :)

1 Comments:

At 6:05 PM, Blogger Susan said...

I heard the author John Reynolds Gardiner speak once. Someone asked him what was it that made you successful. He replied, "I licked the 43rd stamp." The manuscript was rejected so many times....and the 43rd time he submitted it...success.

Still, it's a vulnerable place to be.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home