Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Rejection, Yet Hope

I received another rejection in the mail. Again, a little 3x5 card with what equals a "thanks but you're not Sandra Brown" rejection. I hate that I don't even rate a letter. Grr.

However, the karma forces in the universe aligned to make up for the bad agent experience described below, and I got a request from an agent (and a blogger, but I'll protect their identity) asking to see more of my book. Although, the email does say that it may take up to two months to get back to me, though they try to be faster. (The response came from an email query that I sent in the first batch of queries a month or so ago) Finding an agent is definitely an exercise in patience and getting thick skin.

So I'm perturbed, but cautiously excited. I'm back up to a total of two agents who were savvy enough to see the potential in my work, with over half of my queries still unaccounted for. Both agencies show a lot of potential and really seem to want to work with their authors over a career, and not just a book. Neither, however, is located in New York. I'm not sure if that should matter or not, but I guess I'll learn as I go.

Tags: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 10:53 AM, Blogger Jillian said...

Ah, I can guess who the agent is. I highly respect her and love her blog, too! She requested a partial from me but ultimately rejected it. Definitely on my "Top Ten" list, and not being in NYC doesn't matter one jot. Seriously!

All the VERY VERY BEST on your journey toward publication! And do take a peek at my "Agent from Hell" story (on my blog). It's in 2 parts; the first part is called "Birth of a Novelist."

Oh...and have you discovered agentquery.com yet? EXCELLENT site! It'll help you to avoid future scam artists.

 
At 1:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep on fighting, you'll get there! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home